Thursday, November 7, 2013

Free to Write

by Lina Al-Sharif


Universal verse
Written with ink of blood
And chants of loving life
Ornamented with thrones of freedom
Roses spread on shrouds and cradles
Rhymed by bullets defied with screams
“It’s peaceful, peaceful, peaceful…”
Figures of hope, of love, of salvation
fill the beat with the rise of a new generation
Chains breaking, the iron relenting,
cracking the tone with beautiful redemption
The tirades on screens 
of tyrants who lost their feet 
and chose to be 
the omitted part of 
a historic poetry
In universal verse, 
I, you, we, are one
our differences are metaphors united by love
Millions of lines 
made poems of and for 
death and life
anger, despair 
Night and day
 

But today, 
Revolutions 
sparked inspiration
inflamed passions 
and broke the fragile façade of fear
 

and I am no longer written 
I am no longer afraid to live 
I am no longer afraid to die 
I am free  to write….

No comments: