Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Give Me Another Planet, by Malik Peterson

Just give me another planet...

because this one’s broken...
and I’ve been hopin’
another one opens...

with golden seas and oceans...
it may be wishful thinking...
but I’m not joking...
I’m just hoping...

that you can give me another planet...

I’m tired of humanity...
making me want to spew profuse obscenities...
and streams of profanity...

the dreams of the vanity...
and misguided self-importance...
seem to be the strategy...

it seems as though I have to leave...
as I’ve already been inflicted...
with the disease of apathy...

quarantining and mapping me...
so no one approaches my location...
isn’t a different medication...
it’s more so along the lines of normalcy...

quite actually...

but if I had to grieve...
the death of a great nation...
I could do so gladly...
but taking pride in its place being taken...

by ingrates...
and inmates...
honestly...
just maddens me...
so sad to see...

that those who came before me...
died in vain...

it’s a crying shame...
twisted tales...
lies and games...
are that in which we’ve mired aim...

fan a wide range of tirades...
and ired claims...
just so we can fire flames...

the oven’s set to live grenade...

hell in a handbasket...
rubber band caskets...
bouncing along the inferno...
isn’t elastic fantastic?

Flip tactics on the...
thick while thin masses...
then spring perfect landings en masse...

like gymnastics...

masters of your destination...
destined to fail...
then reign over me...

so you can treat brimstone like it was literally hail.

Examples from the past...
not to heeded...
not to be hailed...
common sense is on trial...

and it’s about to be jailed...

Which is all the more reason...
I so devoutly would bail...

If you could give me another planet...
give me another homeland...
give me another place...
where I could become an old man...

If you could bury me on Mars...
or maybe even in another galaxy...
perhaps I could live out the rest of my days happily...
and invest in those days naturally...

without fear of the smoke screen...

because being addicted to this chaos...
makes you just another dope fiend...
.
.
.
.
in search of another planet.



© 2011 Malik Peterson. All Rights Reserved

No comments: